Print full article
Currently there is no treatment available for the cure or prevention of Huntington's disease. Most of the treatment and interventions available are supportive.
Counselling and care-giver support:
- Information regarding the expected signs and symptoms and how they can be recognised and effectively managed.
- Safety advice e.g. when to give up driving or working.
- Directing families to community support groups and relevant government agencies.
- Speech therapy, physiotherapy, swallowing therapy etc.
- Family planning services.
Last Review Date: March 1, 2018